Review of Directive 2002/95/EC on the Restriction of the use of Certain Hazardous Substances in Electrical & Electronic Equipment (RoHS)
Published: 22 May 2007
Policies & Issues: Environment
Comments to Commission Stakeholder Consultation
Orgalime provides its comments to the Commission’s consultation document and submits background information in so far as it is available today.
In the document, Orgalime provides:
- Introductory comments on the review of directive 2002/95/EC on RoHS and its link to the Review of directive 2002/96/EC on WEEE
- Areas, on which Orgalime agrees with the Commission’s initial list of topics for the RoHS review
- Orgalime proposals for more detailed sub points to a number of topics included in the above mentioned Commission list (accompanied by evidence and supporting information).
- New areas, which Orgalime suggests to be examined in the RoHS review and areas, which in our view should not be tackled under the RoHS Review (accompanied by evidence and supporting information).
- List of further evidence and supporting factual information underpinning Orgalime’s comments.