Joint industry recommendations on Draft report of Rapporteur Tamburrano: A new energy labelling framework
Published: 12 June 2016
Policies & Issues: Energy & Climate
In view of the European Parliament´s ITRE committee vote on 14 June 2016, CECED, DIGITALEUROPE and ORGALIME call for the support of honourable Members of the European Parliament for a final committee report that:
- preserves Intellectual Property Rights, confidential business data and know how.
- gives preference to market surveillance and enforcement programmes that effectively combat free riding and unfair competition.
- increases energy efficiency.
- provides a maximum of consumer confidence in the label.
- rewards top performing products and associated investments in energy efficiency through a simple, stable, credible, trustworthy energy label for consumer products.
- guarantees the functioning of the Internal Market for products with fully harmonised requirements at EU level.
- establishes a sufficiently generic and flexible EU framework taking into account the inherent different product characteristics and efficiency potentials of the various products in scope according to their specific impact assessment studies.
- provides maximum legal stability and planning certainty.