Do you believe that innovative technologies are essential enablers for digital transformation, clean energy and sustainability? Are you committed to Europe and the opportunities it has to lead on the global stage?
Does working in a truly international environment motivate you? Are you a shaper? Then join us and be part of shaping a future that’s good.
Adviser – Innovation and Digital Transformation department
Orgalim – Europe’s Technology Industries – is looking for an adviser, responsible for digital policy, to join our dynamic and growing Innovation and Digital Transformation (IDT) department. This is an opportunity to work at one of the leading industry associations in Europe, on issues that are at the top of the EU political agenda, and key to Europe’s industrial base.
Who we are
Orgalim has a team of over 30 people - 14 nationalities - representing the interests of Europe’s technology industries: innovative companies spanning the mechanical engineering, electrical engineering and electronics, and metal technology branches. We are working with policymakers and stakeholders to strengthen our industries’ growth and global leadership, to maximise their contribution to Europe’s economy and society, and to foster a new relationship of trust between businesses and citizens.
The Innovation and Digital Transformation team
The team is focused on driving a policy agenda that supports innovation and the digital transformation of Europe’s Technology Industries. These issues are high on the political agenda of the European institutions. Orgalim is at the forefront of many of the debates, such as on Artificial Intelligence (AI), data, cybersecurity, privacy, 5G and Industrial Internet of Things. You will have the opportunity to work with experts from some of the most innovative associations and companies in Europe. At a decisive time for Europe at the international level, you will be able to play your part in shaping a digital policy agenda that supports the most pressing key objectives of the European Union.
Job brief and responsibilities
The Adviser’s job will consist of help shaping the agenda on digital policy issues, supporting the Innovation and Digital Transformation department and reporting to the IDT director. This role requires to be an excellent communicator, a self-starter with strong attention to detail and a “can-do” attitude. The responsibilities include;
- Supporting, advising and proactively driving Orgalim’s advocacy efforts on digital policy at EU level;
- Driving the work in Orgalim’s relevant working groups and task forces, engaging directly with our members to build relationships, identify needs and deliver value;
- Building a strong network to EU institutions and relevant stakeholders;
- Represent Orgalim in external events, including facilitation of preparation, reporting and follow-up to such events;
- 4-6 years of relevant experience in European institutions, industry, associations or consultancies;
- Hold university degree;
- Demonstrate strong experience in EU policy issues and institutions;
- Experience working on policy issues impacting Europe’s Technology Industries and the broader data economy a strong plus;
- You identify what needs to be done, and act before being asked or the situation requires it;
- Demonstrate strong organisational capabilities, have strong written and oral communication skills;
- Very high proficiency in English; good knowledge of other European languages is a plus;
- Proactively identify external meetings and training opportunities for self-development and the building of knowledge and contacts;
- Teamwork / team player
A full-time role in a dynamic, flexible and international working environment in Brussels where you can take initiative, responsibility and grow professionally.
Joining one of the leading industry associations in Brussels and being at the heart of the ongoing industrial transformation of Europe.
A competitive salary based on experiences and merits.
- CV and motivation letter to firstname.lastname@example.org, for the attention of Inge Dewit Vanhaelen,
- by 27 January 2020, mentioning “Adviser IDT” in the e-mail subject line.
- In the body of the email, please copy in: “I hereby consent that my personal data is processed by Orgalim for recruitment purposes” so that we have your written consent to follow up on your application.