European Forum for Manufacturing: An industry vision for a renewed Europe
06 March 2019
Hot on the heels of EU Industry Days, Orgalim is set to deepen the discussion on the role of technology and industry in the future of Europe: on 6 March 2019 we will bring together representatives of Europe’s technology industries and high-level EU policymakers for a roundtable event, co-hosted with the European Forum for Manufacturing (EFM) at the European Parliament.
Following the launch of Orgalim’s ‘2030: an industry vision for a renewed Europe’ in early February, this roundtable will provide a forum for dialogue on industry’s key priorities and recommendations ahead of Parliament elections and the appointment of a new European Commission later this year.
The session will be hosted by MEP Peter Kouroumbashev, member of the Committee on Industry, Research and Energy, with Commission Vice President Jyrki Katainen due to give a keynote address followed by a strategic dialogue with Orgalim Director General Malte Lohan.
The roundtable debate will be kicked off with a keynote address by MEP Reinhard Bütikofer. MEPs from across party groups will engage with representatives of leading European companies on two distinct topics:
- Embracing the transformation driven by digital innovation
- Transforming societal challenges in areas like energy and climate targets into future drivers of prosperity
- Jyrki Katainen, European Commission Vice-President for Jobs, Growth, Investment and Competitiveness
- Paul Brannen, MEP, Committee on Environment, Public Health & Food Safety
- Reinhard Bütikofer, MEP, Committee on Industry, Research & Energy
- Igor Gräzin, MEP, Committee on Industry, Research & Energy
- Tomas Hedenborg, Group CEO, Fastems / Orgalim President
- John Howarth, MEP, Committee on Budgets
- Lívia Járóka, MEP, Vice President European Parliament, Committee on Economic & Monetary Affairs
- Peter Kouroumbashev, MEP, Committee on Industry, Research & Energy Committee
- Christophe Lautray, Managing Director, Linde Material Handling
- Malte Lohan, Director General, Orgalim
- Javier Ormazabal Echevarria, President & CEO, VELATIA (Former GRUPO ORMAZABAL)
- Geert Palmers, Director and Co-founder, 3E
- Maria Spyraki, MEP, Committee on Industry, Research & Energy
- Prof Dr-Ing Dieter Wegener, Vice President, Siemens
- Carlos Zorrinho, MEP, Committee on Industry, Research & Energy
Please note this is an invitation-only event. Should you have any questions, please contact us at email@example.com.